Home | Legal Advice | Criminal Law | Wife filed false case of rape on my brother

Wife filed false case of rape on my brother

Shivendra Pratap Singh


29/04/2022/ 2:01:33 PM

Reading Time:

Question: Date (July -21) – After one month, she filed section 125 and demanded 25 lakh (They spent on marriage around 2 to 2.5 Lacs Maximum) Date (Aug -21) – Then I filed a case under section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act. Wife filed false case of rape on my brother. 

Then she filed again file 498A on my complete family. The section 376 on my brother (which was expected in last cases. He is doing a job out of town far from our residence and never met her for the last 1 year) 

Please note that she left our residence on May-21 & stayed with her mother at home till date. My whole family is being harassed by putting fake cases against my family like sec 376. We are being harassed continuously. 

Kindly advise because our lawyer is misguiding us continuously and already he has taken a lot of money to settle our cases. We are almost bankrupted. My company has issued me a warning letter regarding my daily leaves. Please suggest what I should do?

Asked from: Punjab

You should file a writ petition in the High Court under article 226 of the constitution of India for quashing of the FIR. The FIR is false because the accused was not present at the place of incident when the offence occurred.  

Absence of accused at the place of incident (plea of alibi) is solid evidence under section 11 of the Indian Evidence Act. The evidence i.e. plea of alibi is relevant evidence and the court can easily quash this FIR.

She is your legally wedded wife hence it is your responsibility to maintain her. You cannot absolve yourself from this duty if your wife is living in destitution. 

In some conditions the wife cannot claim maintenance. Sub-section 4 of section 125 crpc denotes those conditions:

No Wife shall be entitled to receive an allowance from her husband under this section if she is living in adultery, or if, without any sufficient reason, she refuses to live with her husband, or if they are living separately by mutual consent.

If she comes under any of these conditions then you should file an objection. The court shall decide your objection application before granting alimony. If the court allows your application it shall dismiss this case.

shivendra pratap singh advocate

Shivendra Pratap Singh


Practising lawyer in the High Court Lucknow. You can consult on Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, Writ, Service matters, Property, Revenue and RERA related issues.

Physical assault from my boyfriend

Question: Physical assault from my boyfriend. I went to the police station for an FIR but they refused to lodge. They said to approach the court and file the complaint. As I was afraid he could do the same to me, I left him and went to my place as we are living in a...

Withdraw criminal case in the absence of accused

Question: Is it possible to withdraw a criminal case in the absence of an accused? Hi Sir, My sister in law filed two cases against my brother which were 1. Warrant of Summons Criminal Case, IPC none 2. Criminal Misc. Cases, IPC. For one of them I've received court...

Search and arrest by police in a different state

Question: The police of Uttarakhand come to Uttar Pradesh, search and arrest a person under NDPS Act. Police of Uttarakhand become the complainant of the case. Can they really do so? Search and arrest by police in a different state is possible or not. Asked from:...

Can we prove our absence through the CRD?

Question: We are facing the false family matters cases at Jhansi courts. Can we prove our absence through the CRD? Can I get it from the court? Date of incidence on record is 23.06.2019 at Jhansi. But we weren't in Jhansi at that time. In Fact we were at our...

Can the court quash the FIR lodged under Section 468 IPC?

Question: Allegation made under 468 IPC. Now the parties have settled the matter. But the trial is proceeding. So can we quash the case? Can the court quash the FIR lodged under Section 468 IPC? Asked from: Uttar Pradesh Section 468 of Indian Penal Code is a non...

A guilty person can lodge an FIR

Question: I want to know if a guilty person can lodge an FIR? If I beat someone due to harassment or any other criminal activity and an FIR is lodged against me, can I still lodge an FIR against the person I have beaten for his activity? Asked from: West Bengal Guilty...

Can I lodge an FIR after ten years of incident?

Question: My boyfriend had raped me in my PG when I was studying in engineering college. Now I have joined a multinational company and am working in Bangalore. He has traced me and is now trying to establish a relationship. I am married and a mother of two childs. Can...

Whether prostitute’s customer commits offence

Question: Police is calling prostitute’s customer. The police said that it is an offence under Section 3/4/5/7 of the Immoral Traffic Prevention Act. I want to know whether prostitute’s customer commits offence if he had sex with her? Mrs X is doing some sort of...

Conviction in violation of Section 50 NDPS Act

Question: Please advise whether I have any remedy against the conviction in violation of Section 50 NDPS Act. On 2nd April 2018 Mr. Takunichi was on his way to Changlang from Itanagar travelling in a white Scorpio bearing registration No. XXXX. His friend Mr. Dikunima...

Kanoonirai has been advising in legal issues since October 2014. You can consult a lawyer through online media, telephonic consultation and video conferencing.