Legal Advice

What to do when a data entry company demands more money than agreed?


What to do when a data entry company demands more money than agreed? I belong to a small village in Haryana. I filled out a form for data entry work from home. I got a call and asked me to join on a condition of paying 6500 rs. They told me that 6500rs. will be detected from my first salary and if I will not complete the task in time I.e filling 600 forms in 6 days then too I have to pay them 6500rs.  Because of some reasons I couldn't complete my work. Now they send me a legal notice through email and asked for 8500rs as yesterday was Sunday and I didn't pay them.What should I do? They are saying that they have filed a case against me.


The company is demanding more money and threatening you to lodge a criminal case against you. This proves the offence of extortion. Company has no right to claim that amount which is two thousand more than the agreed compensation amount.

This demand is an act of extortion. You should lodge an FIR against the data entry company. According to the terms or agreement you have to pay six thousand five hundred rupees when you failed to complete the work in the stipulated period. 

Shivendra Pratap Singh


High Court Lucknow

Latest Advice

Father can transfer entire property to grandmother

My age is 16 and I’m the only son. My mother died 3 years back and so now my father is going to re-marry. It’s a very tough situation, my father says that he’ll give the entire property and assets to my grandmother and then she’ll give all that to me when I’m old enough. Everything we own is ancestral property but then there is also assets like gold or silver. So is there any chance that my stepmother can acquire all that and push me out. I’m scared please answer.

Tenant has made substantial changes in premises without permission of landlord

I am writing to seek your professional advice regarding a situation I am facing with my tenant. Over the past three years, my tenant has not paid rent, and I am concerned about the legal steps I can take to address this issue. Can I terminate the rent agreement based on this non-payment?

Additionally, I recently discovered that the tenant has undertaken significant alterations to the property without my knowledge or consent. This includes filling a large cavity, which seems to have resulted from his negligence. He has also installed an extra bathroom, toilet, and kitchen on the premises without obtaining proper authorization. It appears that he neglected to properly fill the trenches used to lay sewerage and water lines, leading to structural damage such as cracks in the walls and ceiling. He has written that he has spent on filling up the cavity but has not given details of expenses. However, he is trying to link it with non-payment of rent.

Given these circumstances, the tenant is now requesting extensive repairs to the property. I would like to mention that the tenant is 90 years old, and all of his sons have their own residences. It seems that he intends for his grandson to continue residing in the property as a tenant.

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on the legal options available to me in this situation. Your expertise and advice will be invaluable in helping me navigate this complex matter.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

P.S. How can I send the rent agreement cum compromise?

NOC from government for taking admission in foreign university

I am a govt servant and currently in a process of making applications to numerous foreign universities  for a PhD program.  I asked my organization for a general NOC applicable to all universities. They denied and asked me to mention the name of the university to which I am applying.  As currently I am in a process of making applications and my admission is not yet confirmed. I cannot mention a list of 10-50 universities in my application.  Kindly help me write an appeal / application for issuance of a general NOC.