Paid Advise

What happens if I break my girlFriend engagement? 

Shivendra Pratap Singh

Advocate (Lucknow)

Online advising since Oct. 2014

Family Law

Reading Time:

Question: What happens if I break my girlFriend engagement? My girlfriend is engaged with another person without informing me, now I want to marry her, but she moved on. What I can do in this situation shall I approach the groom to convince. 

Asked from: Uttar Pradesh

You have no right to interfere in the engagement ceremony of your ex-girlfriend. Your relationship was consensual. You both were in relation with your free consent. It does not confer upon you a right to claim marriage with her if she doesn’t want to marry you. 

If you create any chaos you’ll commit an offence and the family of your ex-girlfriend can take appropriate legal action against you. If your ex-girlfriend has cheated you or made false promises of marriage then you can initiate legal action against her.

shivendra pratap singh advocate

Shivendra Pratap Singh

Advocate (Lucknow)

You can consult on Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, Writ, Service matters, Property, Revenue and RERA related issues.

Kanoonirai has been advising in legal issues since October 2014. You can consult a lawyer through online media, telephonic consultation and video conferencing.