Paid Advise

Society is not allowing me to fix a wall mounted shoe cabinet with the wall

Shivendra Pratap Singh



Reading Time:

Question: Hi, In our building flat owners are cluttering the corridors by keeping their shoes and movable wooden shoe cabinets. I have fitted a small Metal Wall Mounted Folding Show Cabinet on the wall, to keep my corridor clean. Society is not allowing me to fix a wall mounted shoe cabinet with the wall.

The backside of the wall is my bedroom. Some flat owners are ordering that nothing can be fitted in the corridor wall, I can only keep movable shoe cabinets. Is this justifiable?

Asked from: West Bengal

You cannot fix the folding shoe cabinet with the wall because after fixing that cabinet it will become a part of that wall. Therefore it is a permanent attachment with the wall. 

The Housing Society does not permit any resident to make any permanent attachment with the wall. That has not sanctioned by the competent authority in the approved site plan.

Thus the decision of the society is correct and you cannot oppose it. You have no right, as a resident, to make any changes in the permanent structure without permission of the appropriate authority. Without permission from appropriate authority it will be an illegal use of wall.

shivendra pratap singh advocate

Shivendra Pratap Singh


Practising lawyer in the High Court Lucknow. You can consult on Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, Writ, Service matters, Property, Revenue and RERA related issues.

More For you

Appeal against dismissal of interlocutory application

Question: Appeal against dismissal of interlocutory application. My Grandparents had 7 children and among them 4 sons and 3 daughters. Joint family property is around 130 acres which was divided among all family members under Registered Family Settlement (RFS) in 1972...

Sale deed time out

Question: We had sold our land to a company back in 2018. He kept delaying registration but he paid us in instalments. We have around 70% of the total amount but we haven't been in touch for the last 2 years. We have filled our presence in tehsil on the last decided...

Case filed based on False Sale Agreement 

Question: I am 74 yrs old so don't want the case to drag on for obvious reasons. Hence this query. Never had a brush with court in these 74 years but NOW I have been made respondent in a case against me based on a clearly Forged document.  Bought 1 acr land in...

Can husband gift mother’s property to his second wife?

Question: Can husband gift mother’s property to his second wife? My husband married me after his divorce. He has a daughter from his first marriage and is living with her mom. I have also a daughter. My question is that if my husband gift me his mother's property to...

Can a Builder charge interest on Maintenance?

Question: Can a Builder charge interest on Maintenance, Maintenance security deposit, Prime lending charges (PLC), and Documentation charges? The property was already built and ready to move. But due to a delay in payment, I had not taken possession yet.  Although I...

Can the tehsildar issue a succession certificate?

Question: Whether Tehsildar is competent authority to issue succession certificate to collect life insurance policy. My father's insurance policy claim is matured and we are the legal heirs to collect that amount. Can the tehsildar issue a succession certificate?...

Kanoonirai has been advising in legal issues since October 2014. You can consult a lawyer through online media, telephonic consultation and video conferencing.