Legal Advice

Requesting reinstatement after termination

Question: Please Help me Sir my point is that without doing anything wrong HR and Supervisor forced me not to go to branch then terminated me but I want to join again please help.


Reinstatement after termination is possible if there is any illegality in termination. You have not mentioned adequate detail about your case, but follow the step given below to to secure reinstatement.

Review Company Policies: Start by familiarizing yourself with your company’s policies and procedures regarding terminations, appeals, and rehiring. Understanding the official guidelines is crucial in navigating the reinstatement process.

Contact HR: It’s imperative to reach out to your HR department to discuss the circumstances surrounding your termination. When you engage with HR, be polite and professional while explaining your perspective. Request clarification on why you were terminated, seeking a clear understanding of the situation.

Gather Evidence: Collect any relevant documents, emails, or communication that can support your claim that you were not at fault and were unfairly terminated. Compiling tangible evidence will significantly strengthen your case when you present it to HR or other relevant parties.

Seek Mediation: In cases where HR is unresponsive or unsupportive, involving a mediator or a labor union representative might be necessary. These impartial third parties can help facilitate communication and potentially resolve the issue more effectively.

Legal Consultation: If all else fails and your efforts to seek reinstatement remain fruitless, consider consulting with an employment attorney. They can provide you with legal advice regarding your rights and options. This step is especially important if you suspect there might be grounds for a legal case against your employer.

Construct a Reinstatement Request: If you believe your termination was unjust, take the time to prepare a well-structured reinstatement request letter. Ensure that your letter is factual, professional, and concise in explaining why you should be reinstated, emphasizing your value to the company.

Demonstrate Commitment: Within your reinstatement request letter, express your commitment to the company and your willingness to resolve any issues or concerns that may have led to your termination. Highlight your dedication to making a positive impact if reinstated.

Apologize if Necessary: If your actions contributed to the termination, be prepared to apologize and demonstrate that you’ve learned from any mistakes made. Showing a willingness to grow and improve can positively influence the decision-makers.

Follow Up: After submitting your reinstatement request, it’s important to follow up with HR to inquire about the status of your request. Persistence is key, but always maintain a patient and professional demeanor in your communications.

Consider Alternative Options: While seeking reinstatement, it’s wise to explore other job opportunities. Having a backup plan in case reinstatement is not possible is a practical approach to ensuring your financial stability.

Remember to maintain a professional and courteous demeanor throughout the process. Keeping lines of communication open and being willing to cooperate to resolve any issues will demonstrate your commitment to finding a resolution. Best of luck in your efforts to rejoin your former employer.

Shivendra Pratap Singh


High Court Lucknow

Latest Advice

Stepmother can get share in ancestral property after death of father

My stepmother is asserting her share in the ancestral property, currently registered under my late grandfather’s name, who passed away four years ago. The property is yet to be distributed, and my stepmother vacated our ancestral home three years ago, residing elsewhere with her daughter. The daughter, who lived with us before marrying 25 years ago and subsequently leaving our house, is now asserting her rights over the property. I seek advice on the validity of my stepmother and her daughter’s claim to my father’s property following his demise.

I lied to my boyfriend about my divorce now he refuses to marry

In 2017, I separated from an abusive marriage. After some time, I started dating someone. In 2021, I got divorced, but I didn’t disclose this to him because I was concerned that he might judge me. Now he is refusing to marry. We have been in a sexual relationship for three years. He is 23 years old and my age is 38. I love him because his sexual orientation meets my desire. How to initiate a legal process to compel him for marriage?

Can a single accused seek quashing of FIR

An FIR has been filed against four accused individuals, and Accused No. 4 possesses a distinct identity. Question: Is it possible for the High Court to quash the FIR only against Accused No. 4? An FIR has been registered, and a C-Summary has been submitted to the Honourable Magistrate. The complainant has filed a Protest Petition, leading the Honourable Magistrate to return the C-Summary to a new Investigating Officer for further inquiry. Question: At this stage, can the alleged Accused No. 4 seek relief by approaching the High Court to have his name quashed from the FIR?

School authorities are creating a private nuisance

I have been living in a residential area for more than 17 years. There is a school behind our house, and it does not have any wall connecting to our house. Recently, they have constructed a horse shed without any wall, using iron pillars. Now, I am unable to sleep in my bedrooms due to the horses kicking on my wall and the noises they create. Additionally, I am unable to use my rooftop because of the foul smell generated by their excreta. The condition of my wall is deteriorating due to this shed. I had previously approached the SDM office, but the opposing party allegedly bribed the official. What legal remedy should I pursue against the school authorities?

My wife and her family don’t allow me to meet my daughters

My wife and her family does not allow to meet my daughters since 1 year. My elder daughter is of 3 years and younger is of 10 months but they not allow me to meet them. many times me and my family members try to take her back to house but she demand to do property on her name .since 1 year she is with her parents she did not even tell me how is my daughter’s and did not allow to talk to them on call.

Husband denied to access my matrimonial home

I resided with my husband for a duration of five months in an apartment. The house is registered in the name of my father-in-law, yet my in-laws reside in a different state. I am the individual who invested all of my finances in the interior and household accessories for the house. This decision was made under the understanding that it is my residence, and consequently, I am accountable for its furnishings. I willingly accepted and utilized my entire salary for this purpose.

However, my husband is engaged in an extramarital affair and desires to marry his girlfriend. He is pressuring me to initiate a divorce and is also subjecting me to physical harassment. In response, I have filed for a Domestic Violence Complaint (DVC) seeking a residential order. Unfortunately, I am being denied access to my home, with the explanation that it belongs to my father-in-law. I am in need of assistance; please help me.

CO of the same regiment headed SCM: Can I challenge the proceedings of SCM?

I was detailed on duty on 2045 hours thereafter, an officer came and found me sleeping. He then slapped me and called me to appear in office on the next day. On the very next day that officer abused me then I slapped him in front of some other soldiers. This incident was recorded and SCM was recommended after the court of inquiry. The CO of the same regiment headed the SCM. He was biased and conducted one sided trial. Thereafter I am discharged from the service. My total length of service is thirteen years nine months sixteen days. Is there any change of reinstatement?

Terminated from service on the ground of bigamy

Enlisted in the Indian Army in 2001, I married in 2006. While on duty in Arunachal Pradesh, my wife engaged in an extramarital relationship with a civilian, prompting me to send a legal notice for divorce. We divorced in 2013 after she initially filed a divorce and maintenance case in 2010, which we later resolved through mutual consent. In the same year, she also accused me of bigamy, leading to termination from the Army. Seeking guidance on the appropriate course of action in this matter.

Alleged Forgery and Misrepresentation: Discrepancies in BPCL Petrol Pump’s Diesel Storage Reported to PESO

Petroleum & Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO) issues license to Bharat Petroleum Corporation’s petrol pumps for storage of Petrol/Diesel. A petrol pump of BPCL illegally filled diesel in a tanker beyond the permissible limits for which a complaint was lodged by me with PESO. PESO asked for an explanation. In its reply, the BPCL officer under reported the quantity of diesel filled in the tanker and in support of his claim, submitted a forged sales data which was prepared after deleting sales entries from the computerised records. The fact that the sales data was forged was brought to the notice of PESO by me after PESO shared BPCL’s reply with me. PESO again questioned BPCL to which they confirmed that their dealer had deleted entries from the data. Subsequently, PESO has written to the police to take action under the Petroleum Act according to which the offence is bailable whereas I am asking PESO to file an FIR since forgery of data, preparation of a false document and its use as a genuine one is a serious offence under the IPC. The PESO officer refuses to do so. Is he right in not filing an FIR ? Am I unjustified in demanding an FIR in the matter ?