Home | Legal Advice | question and answer | Registration of property through POA payment to whom

Registration of property through POA payment to whom

Shivendra Pratap Singh


15/03/2020/ 7:47:57 PM

Reading Time:

Registration of property through POA. Son has given POA to father for selling the property as he left abroad after registering the POA. POA registered in India. The payment is to be made to whom the POA or the real owner. If payment is made to the POA holder then how to ascertain that the real owner has got the consideration amount?

Power of attorney is a legal document giving a person the power to do some act on behalf of another person. You can sell this property and receive consideration if your son has given you such power. You as an agent has such power and when you receive the consideration it shall deem that the owner has received it.

Your son is living in a foreign country so he will not present to complete the sale of that property. Therefore, he executed a power of attorney and empowers you to sell it on his behalf. When the maker of POA has given you the right then not necessary to take consent of your son for selling of the property.

According to the facts of your case, you will receive the payment on behalf of your son because he has given you such a right. You should do the registration of property through POA.

shivendra pratap singh advocate

Shivendra Pratap Singh


Practising lawyer in the High Court Lucknow. You can consult on Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, Writ, Service matters, Property, Revenue and RERA related issues.

Recovery of money from elder brother

Question: My elder brother and two sons took a loan from me for agricultural land development and my brother gave surety for that amount. Later my brother's sons did not return money so went into court and in court my brother agreed that “he needed to pay money for my...

Buying property without home loan 

Question: I have booked a flat for Rs. 51000 in Badlapur, Maharashtra. The price of that 1 bhk is 28 lakhs. I am buying that property without a home loan. The builder said you will get possession till the end of July 2022. But the housing website is showing June 2023...

How to recover possession of my land?

Question: Buyer has illegally encroached on my grandfather's property. In this condition please suggest how to recover possession of my land? I am fighting for my grandfather's property. My Grandfather has agricultural land of about 17 acres. In 1988 my grandfather...

Builder address not available for RERA filing 

Question: Can we file a case against the builder if his address is not available for RERA filing? Builder address given during registration not active. How to file a complaint to RERA if the builder address is not found to send a summon. He has left that office but...

Stepmother demanding full share in father’s property

Question: Our property was transferred from pagdi to ownership and no registration was done in the name of my mother. Stepmother is demanding full share in father’s property. My mother died in 1999 and my father take noc from all children. Three sisters and 1 brother...

My neighbour’s window shutters are opening in my area

Question: My neighbour's window shutters are opening in my area of boundary, he has not left adequate setbacks.  His solar pipes are continuously leaking into our entrance passage.  Even on request he is not doing anything about these problems. Please...

Housing society is demanding extra charges for car parking

Question: I have a flat in the apartment. The housing society has provided me with one car parking in the basement. I have three cars and two of them have been parked in the common area. Now the housing society is demanding extra charges for car parking in the common...

Kanoonirai has been advising in legal issues since October 2014. You can consult a lawyer through online media, telephonic consultation and video conferencing.