Home | Legal Advice | Criminal Law | My wife may file false case under section 498 A

My wife may file false case under section 498 A

Estimated Reading Time:

Dear Sirs/Madam, I got married on 12/02/2015..from day one we have a compatibility issue. I tried to sort it but I got failed. She is adamant; she misbehaves with my family member whenever they come to my home. She did not cook food. Recently we quarrelled over the very petty issue of not boiling water. Then she consumed phenol.

I am into a government job. I am very scared. I cannot live with her under such circumstance because she may do the same thing again on a small day to day issue. The Police station also wants me to settle down. Now, what should I do? She also takes sleeping and antidepressant tablets.

I have only a few receipts of it. She was on medication of the same but her parents did not tell me. Now, what should I do? Please help. I also gave an application to the SP office regarding the said incident of phenyl consumption and threatening. Please suggest what I should do.

You should convey her activity to her parents. Involve some independent person from both sides and try to settle this issue amicably. Interference of police may yield bitterness in your relation. You should keep all the record towards the consumption of medicine and doctor’s prescription. Don’t ablaze this condition from your side. Let her parents decide how to treat her daughter.

Her parents either may reconcile this issue or impose false allegations. In the latter case, you should prepare to contest the case. There is no remedial provision in our legal system to prevent the unjustified act of wife. Filing of the false case is very common and easy in our country. But our Supreme court has given some direction towards investigation in cruelty related cases.

In Aneesh Kumar vs State of Bihar (2014) SCC that police can’t arrest any member of complainant’s in-laws family merely on the filing of the complainant. Police are bound to send a notice under section 41 A crpc for the personal appearance of all the accused and record their statement. If a police officer has reason to believe that such an offence has been committed then arrest may be made after permission of the court. However, the above-mentioned case provides some safeguards but it is insufficient in the current situation.

Your mother may file a complaint under the Domestic Violence Act, stating cruel behaviour her daughter’s in law. You should try to leave her in parents home for some days and give her some time to decide married life. If she again attempts to suicide, you must register a complaint before the first class magistrate under section 309 IPC otherwise she may take it as a ground for filing false case against your family.

Latest Advice

My neighbour stares at me and my sister: What should I do?

My neighbours built the house recently. His balcony covers half of the road and standing on the balcony he stares at me and my sister. Most of the time we stay inside home, if we go out to buy vegetables, he comes and keeps on staring. He throws cigarette pieces at my home. Difficult to live in my own house.
How to deal with this issue? Old granny at home and I don’t have anyone to support. Since I’m a girl I should not raise my voice.

I want divorce because my wife is a characterless lady

My wife has illegal relations which I did not know at the time of marriage. She is a characterless lady so I want divorce. I got married in 2008, and my marriage life is still very good till Dec 2019. In Dec 2019 I found that my wife has been characterless for so many...

Boyfriend is playing victim card and blackmailing me

Boyfriend is playing the victim card and blackmailing me to shut my mouth and stop claiming marriage. My boyfriend promised me he will marry I said no cuz I have no control over my anger bt he said he will manage then he ask for physical just cuz he will marry I said...

Embezzlement of paid electricity bills

Complaints regarding embezzlement of paid electricity bills were made by consumers in the division office of the electricity board against lower class employees. Statements of consumers were recorded in the division office. After that an FIR was lodged against the...

Contradiction in dying declaration : chances of conviction

Question: My brother is accused in a murder case. He is innocent but the police have falsely implicated him in this case. The dying declaration of the deceased does not support his role in the murder of Ramnaresh Kushwaha. There is a contradiction in the dying...

Kanoonirai established in 2014. It provides a facility to consult a lawyer through online media, telephonic consultation and video conferencing.