Paid Advise

My sister in law has robbed my gold

Shivendra Pratap Singh

Advocate (Lucknow)

Online advising since Oct. 2014

Domestic Violence

Reading Time:

Question: What cases can I file on them, especially my sister in law and her husband who is the primary person and how can I go back home with protection? I’m a victim of domestic violence from my in-laws and husband, my sister in law and her husband. Now they thrown me out of house with pregnancy with a two year old baby in hand for not agreeing for abortion. And are not letting me home filing conjugal and other civil cases. 

I have a 498a with possible evidence but police are supporting them as they are highly police by joining hands with them filing false cases and my family. my sister in law has robbed my gold and I have recorded proof. 

Asked from: Andhra Pradesh

You should file an FIR for the offence of theft and criminal breach of trust. Your sister in law has no right to misappropriate your jewellery. If you have handed over your jewelleries for keeping safe, she holds them as a trustee. When she has misappropriated then she has committed the offence under Section 409/498A/504 of the Indian Penal Code.

So far as domestic violence by sister in law is concerned, you should file a complaint under Section 12 of the Domestic Violence Act for the protection and residence order. 

shivendra pratap singh advocate

Shivendra Pratap Singh

Advocate (Lucknow)

You can consult on Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, Writ, Service matters, Property, Revenue and RERA related issues.

Kanoonirai has been advising in legal issues since October 2014. You can consult a lawyer through online media, telephonic consultation and video conferencing.