Paid Advise

My Husband is a psycho, pretends to be normal

Shivendra Pratap Singh



Reading Time:

Question: My Husband is a psycho, pretends to be normal and torches me since my marriage time till now, waiting for change. My father passed away due to his psychic behaviour and abnormal condition and performing paranormal things at home. It gets me scared at home alone and not giving proper food timely and some of we’re with my son. 

Kindly help me with advice to take a step forward. How to resolve the issue, by facing my husband’s sister’s family and my husband. My sister-in-law and his husband need to be in custody due to Asking more Dowry again and again, not full-filling my needs.

Asked from: Uttar Pradesh

Your husband is a psycho however, he is pretending to be normal. He is continuously torturing you for demand of dowry and other issues. Therefore, you should file a case against him under Section 498A/504/506/509 Indian Penal Code (IPC). 

You can also file a complaint under Section 12 of the Domestic Violence Act for the protection, accommodation and monetary relief. If you cannot file that complaint, you can approach the mahila thana of your district. The officer in charge of Mahila Thana will provide you the services of a protection officer. 

Protection officer will record your statement and collect evidence from you. Thereafter, he will lodge a complaint on your behalf. He’ll also send his report to the concerned judicial magistrate for further action. 

shivendra pratap singh advocate

Shivendra Pratap Singh


Practising lawyer in the High Court Lucknow. You can consult on Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, Writ, Service matters, Property, Revenue and RERA related issues.

More For you

How to get a mutual consent divorce within six months?

Question: I was married to my boyfriend when I was studying in B.Tech. We solemnised our marriage in a temple. How to get a mutual consent divorce within six months? All those things happened in hush-hush. No one knew about our marriage but we got registration of our...

Legal validity of consensual relationship with brother

Question: It is a complicated situation for me, I am a 40 year old lady. My husband was an abuser and we have legally divorced 6 years ago without any issues left. I left my hometown, came to Delhi to join a job and started staying with my brother who is never married...

Child Custody to a third party 

Question: My partner wishes that I could take legal custody over her. She is happy with her family but wants to leave. I live in the UK, and she lives in India. What (if any) are our options? Can the court allow child custody to a third party?  Asked from: Uttar...

My wife has filed false FIR

Question: My wife has filed false FIR under Section 498A/406 IPC. Section 3 & D P Act, against me and my old aged ill widow mother. I am the only child and my wife and her parents are hell-bent to take divorce. She wants to remarry. Hence they told me they will...

Kanoonirai has been advising in legal issues since October 2014. You can consult a lawyer through online media, telephonic consultation and video conferencing.