Legal Advice

My boyfriend harassing me


Me and my boyfriend are in relationship from 3 years. He always doubts me and every day he will come up with plan to harass me. Threats me and compel me for having relationship with other boys. He gives me warning that he will call to my office members and family. My boyfriend harassing me to establish sexual relation with his friends. Actually he is a very bad boy and wants to make money from pornographic sites. Therefore, he used to instigate me for having sexual relation. He might wanted to make videos of sexual acts and upload on the porn sites. Can I file case against him for threating and harassment. He used to say that he'll publish my photos on internet. I'm very afraid because he has a video of mine in which I had sex with him. I don't want any money from him. I want break up from him. And want a apology from him for insulting me all these days. My parents are planning my marriage.


Your boyfriend has committed crime. He threatens to publish intimates photos and blackmailing to establish bodily relations with his friends. All these acts constitute different offences punishable under the Indian Penal Code and Information & Technology Act. Therefore, you can file an FIR against him under Section 354-A/354-C/509 of IPC and Section 67 of the IT Act.

What action should I take if boyfriend harassing me?

You should file FIR against him under above mentioned sections. Sexual intercourse with the consent of parties is no offence. That consent does not allow him to capture videos of sexual intercourse. This is an offence under section 354-C IPC. If he publishes your intimate photos or vides he commits offence under Section 67 of IT Act 2008. If he threats to circulate those images on internet then you should not wait for such publication. Threatening is also an offence under section 509 IPC.

Harassment either mental or physical constitutes an offence if accused has criminal intention. Criminal intention is a particular state of mind of accused which shows that he has the intention to commit a crime. He has been harassing you, compelling to have sex with his friends, threatening to publish photos on public domain. These acts prove that he will do a criminal act if not stopped. Therefore, you should take legal action against him as soon as possible. Don’t wait for commission of act. Attempt to do a crime is also an offence.

Collect evidence towards his conduct

His acts are showing that he is a person of immoral turpitude. Probably he has committed same acts with some other women. Therefore, you should collect some information towards his previous conduct. You can gather these information from his friends or social media sources. If you get any information regarding his antecedents then your case will become more strong.

These kind of persons commit offence in a very set pattern. If you follow his previous contacts or friends then you’ll get some evidence of threatening and sexual abuses. That will help to establish your case more strongly.

Shivendra Pratap Singh


High Court Lucknow

Latest Advice

Father can transfer entire property to grandmother

My age is 16 and I’m the only son. My mother died 3 years back and so now my father is going to re-marry. It’s a very tough situation, my father says that he’ll give the entire property and assets to my grandmother and then she’ll give all that to me when I’m old enough. Everything we own is ancestral property but then there is also assets like gold or silver. So is there any chance that my stepmother can acquire all that and push me out. I’m scared please answer.

Tenant has made substantial changes in premises without permission of landlord

I am writing to seek your professional advice regarding a situation I am facing with my tenant. Over the past three years, my tenant has not paid rent, and I am concerned about the legal steps I can take to address this issue. Can I terminate the rent agreement based on this non-payment?

Additionally, I recently discovered that the tenant has undertaken significant alterations to the property without my knowledge or consent. This includes filling a large cavity, which seems to have resulted from his negligence. He has also installed an extra bathroom, toilet, and kitchen on the premises without obtaining proper authorization. It appears that he neglected to properly fill the trenches used to lay sewerage and water lines, leading to structural damage such as cracks in the walls and ceiling. He has written that he has spent on filling up the cavity but has not given details of expenses. However, he is trying to link it with non-payment of rent.

Given these circumstances, the tenant is now requesting extensive repairs to the property. I would like to mention that the tenant is 90 years old, and all of his sons have their own residences. It seems that he intends for his grandson to continue residing in the property as a tenant.

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on the legal options available to me in this situation. Your expertise and advice will be invaluable in helping me navigate this complex matter.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

P.S. How can I send the rent agreement cum compromise?

NOC from government for taking admission in foreign university

I am a govt servant and currently in a process of making applications to numerous foreign universities  for a PhD program.  I asked my organization for a general NOC applicable to all universities. They denied and asked me to mention the name of the university to which I am applying.  As currently I am in a process of making applications and my admission is not yet confirmed. I cannot mention a list of 10-50 universities in my application.  Kindly help me write an appeal / application for issuance of a general NOC.