Advice in Family Law

Family law: advice in matrimonial dispute cases, marriage, maintenance, divorce, mutual consent divorce etc. Consult a family lawyer over the phone. Get legal advice on family law in India. Hire advocate for handling matrimonial cases in the High Court and Family Court of India.

  • Advice with case laws.
  • Deep analysis of your case
  • Proper explanation of each legal points
  • Advice from our elite panel of advocates

Ask your question

6 + 2 =

Legal advice in Family Law

How to ensure re-entry in matrimonial home?

I seek a residence order as I have been at my parents’ house for nine months now. I have a two-month-old child, and my husband abandoned me in the middle of my pregnancy. I have filed an FIR against him, but he secured anticipatory bail, and all legal proceedings are still pending. Can I re-enter my matrimonial house?

Can I force a person to marry after his refusal

I met someone through a matrimony group’s marriage advertisement, and for three months, he has been in touch with me through phone calls and messages. We were dating, had a meeting, and shared a room, during which he expressed his intention to marry me. However, I recently discovered that he has been in a relationship with another woman for the past four years. He claims that this is the reason he cannot marry me. How can I legally compel him to marry me?

Closing fixed deposit when father is not traceable

Based on negotiation prior to the divorcee decree, an account of Rs.2.5 lakhs was deposited in FD in the name of my minor daughter by her father (my ex husband) in Syndicate Bank. Now this bank is merged with Canara Bank. The interest of the deposit amount was credited to my account quarterly for her maintenance. Now she is completed 18 years. For her studies we want to close the FD and use the amount. The Canara bank says that her father has to attend for closing the FD. The divorcee was 13 years back and we do not know the whereabouts of her father. Kindly advise what we can do to get the amount. Thanks

How can I claim enhancement in maintenance if husband got promotion and receiving higher salary

I am a divorced woman. I have been receiving 15000 maintenance for 10 years. Over the years my maintenance has remained the same. But due to inflation and price rise I am unable to sustain myself. However, my ex husband who is a professor in a university receives a good sum of money. But still he has not increased my maintenance. I have no children and am not working. How and to whom to apply to increase my maintenance?

Revision in maintenance case has been dismissed

MC Filed on 3.8.2016 and ordered on 22.3.2023 Wife and Children each 2000 *3 = 6000 from date of application and I went for revision to sessions court which is dismissed due to not attended in corona but 91 CrPC is pending in August 2021. and they filed arrears petition in JMFC on 28.12.2021 for the period 3.8.2016 to. 3.7.2017 I replied that is a statutory Period one year limit is over now my doubts is this petition is maintainable or not then how can I take stay on this pls give your advice to me.

When Love Turns Sour: Deception, Betrayal, and Legal Challenges in My Engagement Journey

Bride and I got engaged on 08.06.2023 and the marriage was scheduled on 07.12.2023. Bride and her family since beginning were fake and fooled us. She was going to job and all hide this from us. Since she was going to job whenever I call or message she was avoiding. I used to go every week to meet her and we travelled around for 2.5 months. There was some misunderstanding because of bride not giving time and she was also hiding most of the topics from her parents and blackmailed me not to say anything at home. She said some negative points about me to her parents and they all decided to cancel the marriage. I have spent more than 50000 in 2 months for her. We had made advances of 500000 plus outside for marriage. When asked she said phone calls and messages r the reasons for cancelling this marriage.

In presence of elders we had a meeting and requested not to cancel the marriage keeping calls and messages as topic and also showed all the receipt of advances made. Elders requested bride but she was not ready to move ahead. At last, elders told bride family to give 150000 as compensation but they after accepting did not give amt and filed a fake complaint against me and my family members for which FIR was filed 354d 504 and 506. We took bail as well.

What actions can be taken against bride and her family for giving fake complaint and I have all the evidences. Please advice.

I lied to my boyfriend about my divorce now he refuses to marry

In 2017, I separated from an abusive marriage. After some time, I started dating someone. In 2021, I got divorced, but I didn’t disclose this to him because I was concerned that he might judge me. Now he is refusing to marry. We have been in a sexual relationship for three years. He is 23 years old and my age is 38. I love him because his sexual orientation meets my desire. How to initiate a legal process to compel him for marriage?

My wife and her family don’t allow me to meet my daughters

My wife and her family does not allow to meet my daughters since 1 year. My elder daughter is of 3 years and younger is of 10 months but they not allow me to meet them. many times me and my family members try to take her back to house but she demand to do property on her name .since 1 year she is with her parents she did not even tell me how is my daughter’s and did not allow to talk to them on call.

Husband denied to access my matrimonial home

I resided with my husband for a duration of five months in an apartment. The house is registered in the name of my father-in-law, yet my in-laws reside in a different state. I am the individual who invested all of my finances in the interior and household accessories for the house. This decision was made under the understanding that it is my residence, and consequently, I am accountable for its furnishings. I willingly accepted and utilized my entire salary for this purpose.

However, my husband is engaged in an extramarital affair and desires to marry his girlfriend. He is pressuring me to initiate a divorce and is also subjecting me to physical harassment. In response, I have filed for a Domestic Violence Complaint (DVC) seeking a residential order. Unfortunately, I am being denied access to my home, with the explanation that it belongs to my father-in-law. I am in need of assistance; please help me.

Direct Consultation with Advocate

There is no middle-man or tout between you and the advocate. Talk to advocate and discuss your case confidently. Get a lawyer’s consultation with 100% confidentiality.

Our Expert Team

We have a team of advocates and retired judges. They have good experience in dealing with all types of legal cases.

Instant Advice

Talk to advocate immediately after confirmation of payment. Your call will be connected to the advocate within ten minutes of making the payment.


We follow a strigent privacy policy. Your identity will never be disclosed on the website and we never pursue our clients for any promotional purposes.

Legal Advice with case laws

Get advice along with relevant case laws and legal precedents instead of a superficial or mere opinions of the advocates

On a scale of 0-10, I would rate the consultancy provided at 10. Mr. Shivendra was extremely patient in all the discussions and proactively sought all the details to provide appropriate guidance. Further, his advice were crisp and to the point which helped me identify clear path of action. His guidance mellowed down my anxiety and reinstated my confidence on fair trial and judiciary system. I would definitely recommend him and kanoonirai in my friend circle.
Vikas Kumar

Gurugram, Haryana

I would like to thank you Shivendra Pratap Singh sir, for providing simple straight forward advice and I will definitely work as per your legal advice online, it makes sure that things turn into my favour. I think everyone must have broad-minded thinking rather narrow-minded thinking to solve most of the problems in life. I contact advocate Shivendra and he solved my problem. Thank you for taking some time to guide which helped me to gain some sense how to work on the problem. Your advice was precious for me.

Anand Prakash

Patna, Bihar