My wife is filing revision one after another for increasing maintenance

My wife is filing revision one after another for increasing maintenance. Please clarify what is the criteria for revision and how frequently my wife can file, as my wife has been awarded maintenance under section 125 crpc and I have been paying it monthly. Next month marks a year since the judgement was passed, and I am wondering if my wife can file a revision to increase the amount again because one year has passed.

read more

Does my boyfriend have the right to claim my salary for his maintenance?

Does my boyfriend have the right to claim my salary for his maintenance? I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend since 2015. He is not doing well and always demands money from me. When I refuse to pay, he threatens me that he may file a case for maintenance and share our photographs on the internet. These incidents have been happening for the last two months since I switched my job and settled in Mumbai. Please suggest.

read more

Wife not living with husband right from the marriage but seeking maintenance

Hello sir, I got married on 18.01.2017, but my wife refused to live with me at my home and has not lived with me since then. She is currently staying with her parents. I filed for divorce after 5 years under section 13(1)(ia)(ib) of the Hindu Marriage Act, which is pending. Now, after 6 years, she has filed a case under section 125 of the CrPC for maintenance and interim maintenance. My question is whether she is entitled to maintenance despite not living with me at my home since marriage and suppressing her hormonal imbalance, which affects sexual activity. 

read more

Husband avoid to paying maintenance to wife and leave his family business

My husband does not want to pay alimony therefore, he has relinquished his family business. Now he is claiming that I have no source of income and am not able to maintain my wife and child. The court has asked him to produce income proof but he failed to produce it. I am facing a problem in caring for my son and myself. What is the possibility in this situation to get maintenance from the court?

read more

Can I withdraw a fixed amount from the FD of my minor daughter?

Can I withdraw a fixed amount from the FD of my minor daughter? I filed a divorce case against my husband on the ground of bigamy and adultery. The family court has passed the decree of divorce. In that decree the court has ordered the husband to create a fixed deposit with tune to one crore. The husband has filed an appeal against the decree of family court. 

He wanted to stay the implementation of the decree so as to escape from depositing the one crore. But in the appeal the high court had directed the husband to make a fixed deposit in favour of the minor daughter. That appeal has been pending since 2011. I want to withdraw ten lakh rupees for the higher study of my daughter. Can I withdraw ten lakh rupees from the FD of my minor daughter?

read more

I have solemnised marriage after the divorce can the amount of alimony be adjusted?

I have solemnised marriage after the divorce can the amount of alimony be adjusted? The family court has fixed fifty thousand rupees per month as permanent alimony. After the solemnisation of my second marriage it is very tough for me to pay fifty thousand rupees per month to my ex-wife. Sir, please suggest how to adjust the amount of maintenance in the changed circumstances. I also have a son from my second marriage. 

read more

Family court has fixed fifty lakh rupees as permanent alimony: what to do?

Family court has directed to pay fifty lakh rupees as permanent alimony: what to do? My file filed a civil suit for the divorce on the ground of desertion and cruelty. She has the evidence to prove that I have been working in Nepal and never visited my native place. My wife is living in my village. However, I also do not want to live with her because I am falling in love with another girl. The court while deciding the permanent alimony under Section 25 of the Hindu Marriage Act did not examine my financial capacity. Without going into the facts of the case the family court has arbitrarily decided such a hefty amount as a permanent alimony. Please suggest what to do in these circumstances. 

read more

Husband has not been appearing in the court proceedings

My marriage is 14 years old. I filed a case under the domestic violence act for maintenance and protection order. In that complaint I also asked for a residence order in the shared household. My husband never came to court. Court has passed a maintenance order. Now my husband is not paying rent or paying anything to me.  And has run away. I’m unaware of his whereabouts. What can be done? 

My advocate is not co-operating in this matter. He told me that you should search your husband and serve a notice upon him. I think he has connived with my husband therefore, he is taking his favour. This is a very strange situation and I am facing a lot of problems due to paucity of money. please help and suggest in this situation what I should do?

read more

Can a wife claim maintenance from her mother in law?

Can a wife claim maintenance from her mother in law? As I have information the wife has no right to get maintenance from her mother in law. My wife is threatening my mother that she’ll file a case in section 125 crpc for alimony. Thereafter, my mother is very much afraid about the bearing of financial liability. Can a wife seek maintenance when her husband has ousted her from his ancestral property? The material fact is that the husband does not earn enough to provide maintenance to his wife. 

read more

Can the husband be bound to give the entire salary in maintenance?

Can the husband be bound to give the entire salary in maintenance? With 44k salary 10-12k is gone in rent in rest 32k I am finding it difficult to earn living for my parents how to pay maintenance to my wife who tortured me after marriage n now has filed maintenance case.

Marriage date :7/12/2021 .I am an BPO analyst Engineer working with Vodafone India, Bangalore office. My salary is 5.5 lakh with 9 years of experience and this is my 2nd marriage. XX my wife was working with BBM TV with a 10,000/ month salary. Its her 2nd marriage as well. In Nov 2020 their parents came and said as its corona they can go n do shopping for my sherwani n clothes for marriage so gave us 25k cheque. I objected as to why they should go. 

But they insisted and father thought its same thing and didn’t object more.Their was no demand from our side but they wanted to buy furniture & cars for me. I denied stating I need only a girl and nothing else and moreover I don’t know how to drive a car. On 9th dec their parents came to our house and told as ritual some gift items to be given to sister( she is in USA and couldn’t come due to covid issues and for sweets and other things(we have chouthi puja then suhaag raat happens in odia brahmin), gave 1.25 lakhs cheque again. 

I was smelling fishy why they giving cheque always from 10th Dec 2021 wife hitting me and torturing my parents for money , i didn’t capture any proof then . However from 24th dec 2021 recorded a few of her voices when she was shouting at me & my parents. Her parents came to make her understand but in vain. Later she tortured me more & time to time I took her recording. On 10th Jan 2021 she falsified stating I twisted her hand and started to quarrel at 7am and also hit my papa. 

My parents went to the local police station to complain and they called her for counselling . but no FIR was filed. We thought the police told her it’s sufficient so we weren’t forced to file an FIR. My wife left for her home on Jan 15 2021 in my absence (I went with my cousin out of station for some work). Then she called me on 2nd feb 2021 and told me she is not ready to stay with me( I recorded that). In feb 2021 she went to mahila thana stating she doesn’t want to stay and want a divorce. 

We agreed to that .However as my office was opening I went to Bangalore and my parents were in Bhubaneswar. Then she demanded 30 lakhs as alimony in mahila thana , we disagreed on it. Then it was decided that on March 12 2021 the girl & her parents will come to take their luggage and other things. But the girl didn’t come upstairs as she saw CCTV installed. 

Then went to thana stating we didn’t give few of her things and filed FIR on May 4 2021 In Mahila Thana, Bhubaneswar with all false allegations on me & my parents name( she wrote my father wanted to have sex with her, such nasty allegations) we weren’t aware of any such case. But I was in Bangalore and was suffering from Covid . Later on June 7 got admitted as bipolar pneumonia was detected POST COVID & was admitted to Sakra Hospital, Bangalore. 

My parents came from Bhubaneswar to Bangalore for my hospital stay as I was staying alone . From Mahila Thana IO called on June 17 asking if any bail applied or not. We didn’t know about the case . We spoke to our lawyer and she filed for anticipatory bail in 498A,323,294,307,354,354A,506,34,4. We currently have no one to arrest with us. 

Then she filed interim maintenance on July 17 stating to pay 30k/month as interim Maintenance. We found out that she got 2 lakhs as alimony from her previous marriage after speaking to her ex husband. He was earning 14000/month in 2015. We also found that she left job in may 2021 to claim maintenance.

read more

Is the husband bound to maintain his wife when he is himself dependent upon his son?

Is the husband bound to maintain his wife when he is himself dependent upon his son? The husband, who is old, ill, and unemployed, is dependent on his children. My uncle got married to a woman in 1989. After 2/3 years, she ran away, stating in a letter that she is not willing to live with her husband. Later, the same was recorded in a nearby Police Station. His uncle, without divorcing, married another woman in 1994. Later, they had 2 children. After 28 years, the first wife, who had refused to stay with her husband files a case against the husband accusing that she was not aware about the second marriage, and now she demands maintenance. 

read more