Home | Legal Advice | Criminal Law | I am cheated by my boyfriend

I am cheated by my boyfriend

Hello…sir I want to know that can I file a case against a defence personal who cheated me on the name of marriage and also make relation with me. While he was already married. After knowing his truth I didn’t want to marry him and now he is blackmailing me. What can I do now sir I am a medical student he ruined my life. Please help me.

You may file a criminal case against him under section 376 IPC for the offence of rape if he had established bodily relation with fraud. Before the filing of criminal case for rape, you should collect all the evidence which can establish the fact that your consent was taken by fraud and in order, to that consent, he established bodily relation. After the amendment in section 376 IPC by amendment act 2013, penetration of any object in the body woman is constitute the offence of rape.

If you do not want to file a case for rape and want to get rid of that person you can file a case for “Stalking” under section 354 D of IPC. Follows a woman and contacts, or attempts to contact such woman to foster personal interaction repeatedly despite a clear indication of disinterest by such woman; or monitors the use by a woman of the internet, email or any other form of electronic communication, commits the offence of stalking.

Record all the conversation of blackmailing, if he says something about bodily relation then it shall be treated as confession and he can’t escape himself from the offence. If dod not says anything about that instance but only blackmailing you then recording shall be a good piece of evidence against him. Contact woman cell 1091, they can help you in filing FIR against him.

Lawyer’s advice

Criminal case for kissing a girl

Father of a girl has filed a criminal case against me for kissing her. Now the complainant wants to compromise with an apology. Ninety days have completed but the investing officer did file a charge sheet. How much time does the investigating officer take to close...

Minor daughter can claim maintenance under section 125 crpc

I am fifteen years old and living with my married sister. A minor daughter can claim maintenance against her father if he does not provide fooding, lodging and education fee etc. My father contracted second marriage after my mother's death. He has a son out of that...

Boyfriend threatens to publish photographs on internet

Boyfriend threatens to publish personal photographs on internet to keep me away from his girlfriend. I was in a relationship with someone for seven years and we broke up due to many reasons. Even after ending the relationship he wanted to keep in touch. I let him...

Kanoonirai established in 2014. It provides a facility to consult a lawyer through online media, telephonic consultation and video conferencing.