Husband left country after filing of divorce case


Question asked on: 28/08/2015

I filed for divorce in March 2015 on grounds of cruelty and dowry with my husband, also he is impotent and gay. A criminal case was also registered against him and my in laws who harassed me mentally and financially,but in May 2015 he has left the country and moved to London.I know where he works in London.There has been one hearing for our case in family court till now.He plans to take his parents along him in December 2015 to London.

They have not appeared in the first hearing and don’t intend to appear in court going forward.We are waiting for the criminal case hearing date.What are my chances of getting alimony for expenditure of marriage borne by my parents and mental and physical damages done to me ? As he and his family are running away from law and court and Police will not go and arrest him in London(UK).

Advised by: Shivendra Pratap Singh,

Perhaps you have filed petition under section 24 of HM Act claiming alimony. if your husband do not appear before court through his advocate or personally court will dispose off the matter ex-party.

If order is in your fovour and your husband do not comply the order you may pray before court for attachment of his property or his bank account or issue warrant against him to create pressure against him.

But question is how warrant will be executed as your husband residing far away in London. it will be sent to London police authority through Indian embassy.

At the same time you may pray before High court for impound of his passport and other family member as criminal case is running against them.

Ask Your Question

Shivendra Pratap Singh

Advocate, Lucknow

Advice: 17493

Consultation: 3402

Divorce under Hindu marriage act

How many ways a Hindu marriage could be dessolved? Divorce came into force with the codification of The Hindu Marriage Act 1955 (HMA). First time recognized divorce under Hindu marriage act. Before 1955 divorce was not recognized in Hindu law except by some custom...

Residence order under domestic violence act

My husband and my in-laws are very much adamant to throw me out from the matrimonial home. I have some confrontations with my husband and in-laws because they committed extreme cruelty against me. They are very greedy and intolerable towards any resistance. My...

Break down relation with girlfriend

She is 16 years old girls. we had been in love for 3 month together and now due to some misunderstanding and in subject to the behavior of the girl i don’t have any physically relation with us. only chat with us, … I feel personal that if I marry that girl ..we...

Irretrievable breakdown of marriage

Irretrievable breakdown of marriage in India especially in respect of Hindu Marriage Act.Basic Principle The No-fault divorce is a divorce in which the dissolution of a marriage does not require a showing of wrongdoing by either party. It allows a family court to...

How can I adopt a son without permission of husband

I want to adopt a male child but my husband is not agree with me and he is refusing to adopt any child. I’m married in year 1999 and due to some reason I cannot beget a child. I used to live alone because my husband is working at senior management post in a...

quick Advice

Get A Quick Advice

Book an appointment for 15 minutes and consult with an expert over the phone within minutes

Talk to Advocate Shivendra

Book a phone consultation for 30 minutes and get solid advice on the phone

Book it Now