Home | Legal Advice | Latest Advice Online | How to file FIR in criminal breach of trust

How to file FIR in criminal breach of trust

By Shivendra Pratap Singh

Question: I am a Muslim girl living in Bengaluru. My deceased uncle had bequeathed expensive properties in Pune and Latur Maharashtra, by Will to me and I am a lawful beneficiary. Sir, I want to know how to file FIR against my uncle. As an Executor, he has embezzled all movable assets by grabbing and by sale. White and black money both are involved in the deals. My other uncle is living in Akola Maharashtra, is the Executor cum beneficiary along with others. He has also sold two immovable properties but is refusing to give any amount to the legal beneficiaries, who are also ladies living in Guntur (AP) and Aligarh (UP). Overall, the Uncle has cheated and breached our trust and affection.

We want to file FIR against him, but we do not know in which station to file FIR and what should be the procedure. None of us is in a position or wish to contact or employ lawyers in unfamiliar places in Maharashtra.

Kindly advise (i) Procedure to file the FIR (ii) Can the FIR be filed in any place of our residence e.g. Bengaluru, Guntur or Aligarh (iii) Where can the laid down format for FIR for the respective States be obtained (iv) What should be the IPC clauses to be included in the FIR (v) Other relevant issues in respect of this subject, to make the FIR comprehensive and effective.

Question from: Maharashtra

You can file a First Information Report (FIR) at any place in India. If the station in charge of the police station finds that he has no jurisdiction to investigate the offence then he shall transfer it to the competent police station. This type of FIR is a zero FIR. 

Lodge FIR in the local jurisdiction of the police station

You should try to lodge the FIR in the police station within whose territorial jurisdiction your property situated or sale deed executed. Contact a criminal lawyer and he will prepare the draft of the FIR. Your uncle has committed offences of cheating, criminal breach of trust, forgery of valuable securities etc. these offences are punishable under section 420/467/468/406 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). You can know step by step procedure about how to lodge FIR under section 154 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.

Lawyer’s advice

Division of self acquired and ancestral property

What is the procedure for division of self acquired and ancestral property among siblings? My father died two years ago. He purchased ten acres of agricultural land out of his own income and he had ten acres of ancestral land. We are two brothers and one sister. My...

Contempt: non compliance of ombudsman’s order

Question: I had filed the case in ombudsman against LIC of India in which award was passed(on 28.08.2019) in my favor but LIC did not follow that and told me that they are going in high court against it but it's been more than 11 months since any action has taken from...

My sister in law hates my love affair

Question: My sister in law hates my love affair because she doesn't like me. She is creating hurdles in my marriage.  Her brother wants to marry me because we love each other. This is a love marriage. Parents of my sister in law have died. She is taking care of her...

Can father gift ancestral property to daughter in law

Question: My father wants to gift ancestral property to his daughter in law. We have two brothers only and my younger brother is living abroad. My younger brother does not want to settle in India and probably he will renounce Indian citizenship. Can my father gift...

Kanoonirai established in 2014. It provides a facility to consult a lawyer through online media, telephonic consultation and video conferencing.