Legal Advice

Girl’s family is threatening for love jihad case

Shivendra Pratap Singh


High Court Lucknow

Criminal Law | Family Law

Reading Time:

Question asked on: 28 Apr, 2022

Question: My friend is muslim he loves hindu girl. Girl’s family is threatening for love jihad case so he want to convert to hindu religion. He loves that girl and agreed to change his religion. Now he is afraid that the girl’s family may file a case against him and his family. Thereafter, his life will be in danger. He may face criminal charges or police may arrest him and his family members. 

He is Muslim so he is very afraid that Yogi Adityanath’s police will torture him to marry with a Hindu girl. His family is suggesting that he should leave India and settle in the Middle-east. There he will get better protection and he will protect his life from the love jihad. Actually he does not want to leave India. Please suggest. 

Asked from: Uttar Pradesh

If your friend forcefully or deceitfully converts his girlfriend in another religion then it is said that he has committed offence of love jihad. Actually it is not happening in your case. He wants to change his religion and marry that Hindu girl. 

In this situation he should apply in the office of District Magistrate for lawful religious conversion. He should clearly state in his application that there is no allurement, coercion, conversion, force, fraudulent means behind the religions conversion.

The District Magistrate will approve his conversion as lawful. Thereafter, he should adopt Hindu religion and solemnise marriage with that according to Hindu forms and rituals. 

Also read: Marriage between Hindu boy and Muslim girl