Legal Advice

Girl made false accusation of cheating

Question: If any girl make false accusations of cheating and fake promises against man. Then what are the remedies available to man to get rid of such false allegations.


When faced with false accusations of cheating and fake promises, it’s essential to respond thoughtfully and consider the following remedies to address the situation:

Misunderstandings can often be resolved through conversation: In many cases, the initial step towards addressing false accusations should be a calm and open conversation with the individual making the claims. Misunderstandings, miscommunications, or misconceptions can often be clarified and resolved through dialogue.

Gather Evidence: If the accusations persist and you firmly believe they are baseless, it’s crucial to collect evidence that can support your innocence. This may include preserving text messages, emails, or other relevant records that can provide a factual basis for countering the accusations and clarifying the situation.

Seek Mediation: In instances where direct communication breaks down or becomes emotionally charged, it can be beneficial to involve a neutral third party, such as a counselor or mediator. Mediation can create a safe and structured environment for both parties to express their concerns and work towards a resolution.

Legal Consultation: If the false accusations escalate and begin to harm your reputation or livelihood, it may be prudent to consult with an attorney. Legal professionals can offer guidance on potential defamation or slander claims and help you navigate the specific laws related to false accusations in your jurisdiction.

Cease and Desist Letter: In certain situations where the false accusations persist and cause harm, sending a formal cease and desist letter through an attorney may be appropriate. This letter can demand that the false accusations cease, warning of potential legal action if they continue.

Protect Your Reputation: Take proactive measures to safeguard your reputation by sharing your side of the story with those close to you, including friends, family, and colleagues. This can help ensure that they are aware of the falsehood of the accusations and can support you.

Document the Accusations: Keeping a detailed record of any false accusations, including dates, times, and the context in which they were made, is essential. Such documentation can be valuable if you need to defend your reputation or pursue legal action.

Stay Calm and Composed: It is of utmost importance to remain calm and composed throughout the process. Reacting with anger or hostility can exacerbate the situation and potentially harm your case. Maintaining a composed demeanor demonstrates your commitment to resolving the matter peacefully.

Self-Care: False accusations can take an emotional toll. Seek support from friends, family, or a therapist to help you cope with the stress and anxiety that may result from such accusations. Prioritizing your well-being is essential during this challenging time.

Consider a Restraining Order: If the false accusations escalate to harassment or threats that endanger your safety, you may need to explore obtaining a restraining order to protect yourself.

It’s important to keep in mind that every situation is unique, and the appropriate remedies may vary. Consulting with an attorney and considering mediation are often wise steps when addressing false accusations that may have legal or personal consequences. Ultimately, the goal should be to achieve a peaceful resolution while protecting your own well-being and reputation.

Shivendra Pratap Singh


High Court Lucknow

Latest Advice

Stepmother can get share in ancestral property after death of father

My stepmother is asserting her share in the ancestral property, currently registered under my late grandfather’s name, who passed away four years ago. The property is yet to be distributed, and my stepmother vacated our ancestral home three years ago, residing elsewhere with her daughter. The daughter, who lived with us before marrying 25 years ago and subsequently leaving our house, is now asserting her rights over the property. I seek advice on the validity of my stepmother and her daughter’s claim to my father’s property following his demise.

I lied to my boyfriend about my divorce now he refuses to marry

In 2017, I separated from an abusive marriage. After some time, I started dating someone. In 2021, I got divorced, but I didn’t disclose this to him because I was concerned that he might judge me. Now he is refusing to marry. We have been in a sexual relationship for three years. He is 23 years old and my age is 38. I love him because his sexual orientation meets my desire. How to initiate a legal process to compel him for marriage?

Can a single accused seek quashing of FIR

An FIR has been filed against four accused individuals, and Accused No. 4 possesses a distinct identity. Question: Is it possible for the High Court to quash the FIR only against Accused No. 4? An FIR has been registered, and a C-Summary has been submitted to the Honourable Magistrate. The complainant has filed a Protest Petition, leading the Honourable Magistrate to return the C-Summary to a new Investigating Officer for further inquiry. Question: At this stage, can the alleged Accused No. 4 seek relief by approaching the High Court to have his name quashed from the FIR?

School authorities are creating a private nuisance

I have been living in a residential area for more than 17 years. There is a school behind our house, and it does not have any wall connecting to our house. Recently, they have constructed a horse shed without any wall, using iron pillars. Now, I am unable to sleep in my bedrooms due to the horses kicking on my wall and the noises they create. Additionally, I am unable to use my rooftop because of the foul smell generated by their excreta. The condition of my wall is deteriorating due to this shed. I had previously approached the SDM office, but the opposing party allegedly bribed the official. What legal remedy should I pursue against the school authorities?

My wife and her family don’t allow me to meet my daughters

My wife and her family does not allow to meet my daughters since 1 year. My elder daughter is of 3 years and younger is of 10 months but they not allow me to meet them. many times me and my family members try to take her back to house but she demand to do property on her name .since 1 year she is with her parents she did not even tell me how is my daughter’s and did not allow to talk to them on call.

Husband denied to access my matrimonial home

I resided with my husband for a duration of five months in an apartment. The house is registered in the name of my father-in-law, yet my in-laws reside in a different state. I am the individual who invested all of my finances in the interior and household accessories for the house. This decision was made under the understanding that it is my residence, and consequently, I am accountable for its furnishings. I willingly accepted and utilized my entire salary for this purpose.

However, my husband is engaged in an extramarital affair and desires to marry his girlfriend. He is pressuring me to initiate a divorce and is also subjecting me to physical harassment. In response, I have filed for a Domestic Violence Complaint (DVC) seeking a residential order. Unfortunately, I am being denied access to my home, with the explanation that it belongs to my father-in-law. I am in need of assistance; please help me.

CO of the same regiment headed SCM: Can I challenge the proceedings of SCM?

I was detailed on duty on 2045 hours thereafter, an officer came and found me sleeping. He then slapped me and called me to appear in office on the next day. On the very next day that officer abused me then I slapped him in front of some other soldiers. This incident was recorded and SCM was recommended after the court of inquiry. The CO of the same regiment headed the SCM. He was biased and conducted one sided trial. Thereafter I am discharged from the service. My total length of service is thirteen years nine months sixteen days. Is there any change of reinstatement?

Terminated from service on the ground of bigamy

Enlisted in the Indian Army in 2001, I married in 2006. While on duty in Arunachal Pradesh, my wife engaged in an extramarital relationship with a civilian, prompting me to send a legal notice for divorce. We divorced in 2013 after she initially filed a divorce and maintenance case in 2010, which we later resolved through mutual consent. In the same year, she also accused me of bigamy, leading to termination from the Army. Seeking guidance on the appropriate course of action in this matter.

Alleged Forgery and Misrepresentation: Discrepancies in BPCL Petrol Pump’s Diesel Storage Reported to PESO

Petroleum & Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO) issues license to Bharat Petroleum Corporation’s petrol pumps for storage of Petrol/Diesel. A petrol pump of BPCL illegally filled diesel in a tanker beyond the permissible limits for which a complaint was lodged by me with PESO. PESO asked for an explanation. In its reply, the BPCL officer under reported the quantity of diesel filled in the tanker and in support of his claim, submitted a forged sales data which was prepared after deleting sales entries from the computerised records. The fact that the sales data was forged was brought to the notice of PESO by me after PESO shared BPCL’s reply with me. PESO again questioned BPCL to which they confirmed that their dealer had deleted entries from the data. Subsequently, PESO has written to the police to take action under the Petroleum Act according to which the offence is bailable whereas I am asking PESO to file an FIR since forgery of data, preparation of a false document and its use as a genuine one is a serious offence under the IPC. The PESO officer refuses to do so. Is he right in not filing an FIR ? Am I unjustified in demanding an FIR in the matter ?