Home | Legal Advice | Property Law | Fabrication in revenue record by revenue officers

Fabrication in revenue record by revenue officers

Shivendra Pratap Singh



Reading Time:

Our land records are fabricated by the revenue officers for providing illegal relief to some persons who have more than 18 acres of lands. When I examined my revenue record on taluka by giving application for duplicate record of my lands, that officer was trying to delay my application.

He said that there are no such records but after persuasion of this matter he showed my revenue records. My all the records are now replaced by some other persons. Records show that I have grant sublease to them for an uncertain period.

When I shared this fact to my neighbours they are also examined their revenue record and they found that there is Fabrication in revenue record by revenue officers. Now we want to initiate legal proceeding against them. What legal step should be taken by us?

Under section 147 and 148 of the Land revenue code of Maharashtra, revenue officers are bound to maintain all the revenue records truly and correctly. Those sections mandate legal obligation upon him and breach of this act is punishable under section 348 of said act.

If revenue records show that land is on sublet to those persons then you should take duplicate copies of Land account from the lethal. Because lethal is bound to present a local survey of the land and without his survey, no alteration can be possible inland revenue records.

When there is any transfer of title or right in respect of agriculture land collector is bound, under section 296 of the land revenue act, to keep all that records. It is a clear case of a conspiracy by those persons got alteration in revenue record for their benefits and the revenue officers.

Fabrication cannot be taken place without collusion with revenue officers. You should file FIR under section 466/468/471/477- A/120-B/109 IPC and also present an application before the anti-corruption bureau.

Fabrication of public document is an offence punishable under section 466/468/471/477-A IPC and there is a conspiracy with revenue officers so it is punishable under section 120-B. Officers committed abatement of offence which is punishable under section 109 IPC. If the police officer refuses to write FIR you should approach to the court under section 156(3) crpc.

shivendra pratap singh advocate

Shivendra Pratap Singh


Practising lawyer in the High Court Lucknow. You can consult on Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, Writ, Service matters, Property, Revenue and RERA related issues.

More For you

Sale deed time out

Question: We had sold our land to a company back in 2018. He kept delaying registration but he paid us in instalments. We have around 70% of the total amount but we haven't been in touch for the last 2 years. We have filled our presence in tehsil on the last decided...

Can husband gift mother’s property to his second wife?

Question: Can husband gift mother’s property to his second wife? My husband married me after his divorce. He has a daughter from his first marriage and is living with her mom. I have also a daughter. My question is that if my husband gift me his mother's property to...

Can a Builder charge interest on Maintenance?

Question: Can a Builder charge interest on Maintenance, Maintenance security deposit, Prime lending charges (PLC), and Documentation charges? The property was already built and ready to move. But due to a delay in payment, I had not taken possession yet.  Although I...

Recovery of money from elder brother

Question: My elder brother and two sons took a loan from me for agricultural land development and my brother gave surety for that amount. Later my brother's sons did not return money so went into court and in court my brother agreed that “he needed to pay money for my...

Buying property without home loan 

Question: I have booked a flat for Rs. 51000 in Badlapur, Maharashtra. The price of that 1 bhk is 28 lakhs. I am buying that property without a home loan. The builder said you will get possession till the end of July 2022. But the housing website is showing June 2023...

How to recover possession of my land?

Question: Buyer has illegally encroached on my grandfather's property. In this condition please suggest how to recover possession of my land? I am fighting for my grandfather's property. My Grandfather has agricultural land of about 17 acres. In 1988 my grandfather...

Builder address not available for RERA filing 

Question: Can we file a case against the builder if his address is not available for RERA filing? Builder address given during registration not active. How to file a complaint to RERA if the builder address is not found to send a summon. He has left that office but...

Kanoonirai has been advising in legal issues since October 2014. You can consult a lawyer through online media, telephonic consultation and video conferencing.