Custody of child


Question asked on: 26/08/2015

Case filed by wife. Going on for past 8 months out of which she remained absent for the last 4 times repeatedly. She is staying with another man in another city. Our 3 year daughter is with her parents. During the last time even the judge fired her lawyer about her absenteeism.

What is the next proceeding of the court in such case and how the proceeding are made and how to file for custody of girl child?

Advised by: Shivendra Pratap Singh,

If a party to the suit used to absent on many hearings then court has power to decide the case on the record of other party, this decision is called “ex parte” decree or order.

When case is decided by the court ex parte then it shall be enforceable unless and until no restitution application is filed by the judgement debtor or opposite party.

You should file an application on the next hearing for ex parte decree that opposite party remaining absent at many dates. If court satisfies with your plea and found that there is no other way except pass ex parte decree then court may proceed further. But must borne in mind that it is discretionary power of the court and you have no matter of right to decide ex parte.

Custody of child. According to Hindu minority and guardianship act, father is the natural guardian of the child but till the age of 5 years mother is the natural guardian, but her right towards guardianship is substitute or in furtherance of father’s right.

Guardianship of child may be challenged by the father at any time within 5 years on certain condition. Condition may be vary by case to case but in all cases father have to prove that guardianship of the child would be necessary and benefit of the minor.

Your wife has been living with another man and she has no reasonable cause for such living,divorce petition is pending due to her fault, she used to absent in court….. these facts are in your favour to get guardianship of your child.

Ask Your Question

Shivendra Pratap Singh

Advocate, Lucknow

Advice: 17493

Consultation: 3402

lease and licence

Lease and licence To ascertain whether a document creates a lease and licence, the substance of the material must be preferred to the form. Whether they intended to create a lease of a licence. If the document creates an interest in the property, it is a lease; but...

Get call details under RTI Act

Can I get call details under RTI Act? I want to call details and tower location of a person because he eloped my sister. He is studying in her class, and both were love to each other. They decided to marry, and for that purpose, my sister always pressurised my mother...

Break down relation with girlfriend

She is 16 years old girls. we had been in love for 3 month together and now due to some misunderstanding and in subject to the behavior of the girl i don’t have any physically relation with us. only chat with us, … I feel personal that if I marry that girl ..we...

Right to pension

I was a public servant and retired from the post of superintendent engineer. No departmental inquiry was set up against me for the alleged misappropriation of government fund from the state treasury. My pension and gratuity are stopped without any reasonable cause....

Breach of contract

एक आदमी ने एक कंपनी ज्वाइन की जिसके अपॉइंटमेंट लेटर में एक क्लोज था :- “You are expected to promote and expand the business of the company. you will not directly or indirectly, either solely or jointly, engage in any service or other business or profession...

quick Advice

Get A Quick Advice

Book an appointment for 15 minutes and consult with an expert over the phone within minutes

Talk to Advocate Shivendra

Book a phone consultation for 30 minutes and get solid advice on the phone

Book it Now