Consult a lawyer in builder disputes

Consult a lawyer in builder disputes cases. Dispute between builder and consumer is the most time consuming and complicated issues. The government has enacted RERA ( Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016). You can contact our advocate to get legal advice in builder dispute cases. 

Stepmother can get share in ancestral property after death of father

My stepmother is asserting her share in the ancestral property, currently registered under my late grandfather’s name, who passed away four years ago. The property is yet to be distributed, and my stepmother vacated our ancestral home three years ago, residing elsewhere with her daughter. The daughter, who lived with us before marrying 25 years ago and subsequently leaving our house, is now asserting her rights over the property. I seek advice on the validity of my stepmother and her daughter’s claim to my father’s property following his demise.

School authorities are creating a private nuisance

I have been living in a residential area for more than 17 years. There is a school behind our house, and it does not have any wall connecting to our house. Recently, they have constructed a horse shed without any wall, using iron pillars. Now, I am unable to sleep in my bedrooms due to the horses kicking on my wall and the noises they create. Additionally, I am unable to use my rooftop because of the foul smell generated by their excreta. The condition of my wall is deteriorating due to this shed. I had previously approached the SDM office, but the opposing party allegedly bribed the official. What legal remedy should I pursue against the school authorities?

Unauthorised construction on gram sabha land

Requesting the police to arrange for a revenue officer’s survey to address issues of trespassing and unauthorized construction on gram sabha land, while the panchayat is not pursuing legal action.

Family members are trying to buy my property

My family members are trying to buy my property using preemption right at a lower cost in Kolkata, West Bengal . I have one bigha land with a pond and 1000 sq feet renovated house in North 24 parganas. I’m getting higher price from outside people. What should I do to get higher price of my property?

Cheque number mismatch in sale deed

A sale deed of property was executed between buyer and seller. Buyer made payment to seller in advance thru four cheque numbers and one NEFT transaction and all payments were realized After few days sale deed was executed. After few months it was noticed that two cheque numbers out of four cheque numbers are not matching with the actual cheque numbers which were paid in advance by the buyer. BUYER was informed and he gave a notarized affidavit stating all the correct cheque numbers in the affidavit giving reference of sale deed. There is no other change in sale deed. Is it O.K. or anything else needs to be done.

Father can transfer entire property to grandmother

My age is 16 and I’m the only son. My mother died 3 years back and so now my father is going to re-marry. It’s a very tough situation, my father says that he’ll give the entire property and assets to my grandmother and then she’ll give all that to me when I’m old enough. Everything we own is ancestral property but then there is also assets like gold or silver. So is there any chance that my stepmother can acquire all that and push me out. I’m scared please answer.

Tenant has made substantial changes in premises without permission of landlord

I am writing to seek your professional advice regarding a situation I am facing with my tenant. Over the past three years, my tenant has not paid rent, and I am concerned about the legal steps I can take to address this issue. Can I terminate the rent agreement based on this non-payment?

Additionally, I recently discovered that the tenant has undertaken significant alterations to the property without my knowledge or consent. This includes filling a large cavity, which seems to have resulted from his negligence. He has also installed an extra bathroom, toilet, and kitchen on the premises without obtaining proper authorization. It appears that he neglected to properly fill the trenches used to lay sewerage and water lines, leading to structural damage such as cracks in the walls and ceiling. He has written that he has spent on filling up the cavity but has not given details of expenses. However, he is trying to link it with non-payment of rent.

Given these circumstances, the tenant is now requesting extensive repairs to the property. I would like to mention that the tenant is 90 years old, and all of his sons have their own residences. It seems that he intends for his grandson to continue residing in the property as a tenant.

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on the legal options available to me in this situation. Your expertise and advice will be invaluable in helping me navigate this complex matter.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

P.S. How can I send the rent agreement cum compromise?

Start with asking a question

Ask your question on Indian kanoon and get advice within hours