Home | Legal Advice | Civil Law Cases | Company is not issuing no objection certificate

Company is not issuing no objection certificate

Shivendra Pratap Singh


10/07/2021/ 2:59:17 PM

Reading Time:

Question: I was working for a Pvt mining company in Rajasthan as a mining engineer. Company is not issuing a no objection certificate (NOC). Instead, the company has issued only an experience certificate. I had submitted my resignation as I was unhappy with the company and their working methods. I had completed my 1 month notice period and they wanted me to submit my old belongings to the company and get no dues signed, which I did. 

After that the company handed only experience letter whereas they should have even given me NOC certificate which they haven’t because of which I’m not able to join any company as they require it and during this pandemic it’s taking a toll on me without the NOC I can’t work at any mining company I requested them to provide me one but they are not willing to issue one.

Question from: Rajasthan

Company is bound to issue a no objection certificate because you have resigned from the job and it has no dues.Furthermore, you have completed the mandatory notice period. In this condition you should send a legal notice to the company for issuing a no objection certificate

Also read: Termination without notice is invalid

File a complaint before the Tribunal

If the company does not issue NOC in a reasonable time then you should file a complaint before the Industrial Labour Tribunal. It is your right to get NOC from the employer. Therefore, employer cannot refuse to issue NOC. 

The tribunal shall issue a notice to the company and seek clarification from the company. You adduce all the evidence regarding 

  • Appointment letter
  • Tenure of service
  • Completion of notice period
  • No dues certificate
  • Copy of legal notice

The company will issue a NOC because it cannot deprive a person from the right to livelihood. In absence of NOC you cannot get a job in a mining company. 

Company not issuing a no objection certificate is an act like depriving you from the right to livelihood. The company is infringing your fundamental right i.e. right to life and personal liberty under Article 21 of the Constitution of India. 

shivendra pratap singh advocate

Shivendra Pratap Singh


Practising lawyer in the High Court Lucknow. You can consult on Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, Writ, Service matters, Property, Revenue and RERA related issues.

Can the tehsildar issue a succession certificate?

Question: Whether Tehsildar is competent authority to issue succession certificate to collect life insurance policy. My father's insurance policy claim is matured and we are the legal heirs to collect that amount. Can the tehsildar issue a succession certificate?...

Cancellation of Sale Agreement

Question: Cancellation of sale agreement without consent of party. I executed an agreement of sale for a 497 sq.yards site with a condition that I will get clearance from ULC. I took advance of 2 lakhs cheque and 2 lakhs cash, totalling to 4 lakhs. It's been 22 months...

Landlord does not provide a rent receipt

Question: After making rent payment, the landlord does not provide a rent receipt. Also not picking up calls & responding to messages. What action can be taken against him? Asked from: Maharashtra You should send to him a legal notice on his residential or postal...

Forfeiture of earnest money in withdrawal of tender

Question: I am a contractor and have some tenders in BHEL. The Bhel has forfeited earnest money because I have withdrawn a tender. So I want to know whether forfeiture of earnest money in withdrawal of tender is legal in India. BHEL has published tenders for the...

Arbitration in respect of non-arbitrable issues

Question: Some tenders were issued during last financial year. Tenders were in respect of fencing and drainage on both sides of the road. The department has allotted those tenders to my company. Company has to conduct a survey of land and demarcate slope angle for the...

Mud road on my land :  How to get it back?

Question: Government has laid a mud road on my land a few years ago. I have all documents stating the land where the road is laid belongs to me. We do not know about this. How to get my land back? I have all documents stating the land where the road is laid belongs to...

Can mother execute a registered will

Question: Can mother execute a registered will towards the property which she had received from my deceased father? My father died in the year 2021 and he has named my mother as the 100% owner of the existing house in the registered will. I have 4 older brothers and 1...

Appointment of arbitrator under the agreement

Question: My firm is doing business of gravel supply to the government. I want to know whether the appointment of an arbitrator under the agreement is possible? Our firm got a tender from the public works department of Uttar Pradesh. According to the tender agreement...

Kanoonirai has been advising in legal issues since October 2014. You can consult a lawyer through online media, telephonic consultation and video conferencing.