Home | Advice | Civil Law Cases | College certificate has lost

College certificate has lost

By Shivendra Pratap Singh

I passed my pg in June 2013. College certificate has lost. My degree certificate was sent by the university to my college by speed post in Jan 2014 but it was not delivered/received by the college. University gave details of dispatch as well as speed post tracking (but now not traceable). University says we’ve dispatched, now we can’t help.

College says we haven’t received (Dean has signed letter stating that college didn’t receive certificate). For duplicate copy university asking for FIR and affidavit stating that “I lost the certificate so I should be issued duplicate”. But I haven’t even received my degree, why should I give such an affidavit. University says that’s the only solution. What should I do?

When you have not received your certificate then how can you give affidavit or file FIR that your certificates have lost? When a certificate is lost in transit then liability shifts upon the postal department to inquire and provide the reason for non-delivery of the packet.

In “Bhupesh Khurana and others Vishwa Budha Parishad and others” National Consumer Forum has held that imparting education and related services fall within the ambit of service as defined under Consumer Protection Act. So you should file a complaint before district consumer forum. Contact an advocate or yourself file complaint along with 100 rs fee.

Other useful advice

How to recall the judgment obtained by the false evidence?

I want to recall the judgment of the court. The company has committed fraud and filed false evidence before the court. I knew nothing about that evidence therefore I relied upon. After the pronouncement of judgment, the fraud disclosed after reviewing of the judgment....

Tamil Nadu Electricity Board is not deciding my representation

I have represented Tamil Nadu Electricity Board requesting Pro-rata pension for which I have worked for 17 years. But TNEB has not responded. Then I file WP in HC, request to direct TNEB to respond to my representation. HC directed TNEB, to clear the representation...

Kanoonirai established in 2014, provides legal assistence through online media, telephonic consultation and video conferencing.