Paid Advise

Can international institutions enjoy immunity to suit in India?

Shivendra Pratap Singh

Advocate (Lucknow)

Online advising since Oct. 2014

Service & Labour

Reading Time:

Question: Can such institutions with immunity act with such impunity? Can international institutions enjoy immunity to suit in India? Is such deprivation of pension by international institutions immune to suit? Please Advise what I should do. An international institution has stopped my pension suddenly after paying my pension for 16 years. It enjoys immunity. 

Asked from: West Bengal

You cannot file a civil suit in Indian court against the international institution. In this respect you have to take legal action as per the terms of service rule. 

If service rule provides that the retired person can move legal proceedings in his residential country then you can file a civil suit otherwise not.

You can file a suit for the recovery of arrear of pension because you have right to get pension without break. An international institution enjoys some sort of immunity in another country.  

shivendra pratap singh advocate

Shivendra Pratap Singh

Advocate (Lucknow)

You can consult on Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, Writ, Service matters, Property, Revenue and RERA related issues.

Kanoonirai has been advising in legal issues since October 2014. You can consult a lawyer through online media, telephonic consultation and video conferencing.