Paid Advise

Can I file a complaint against the family court?

Shivendra Pratap Singh

Advocate (Lucknow)

Online advising since Oct. 2014

Criminal Law

Reading Time:

Question: Can I file a complaint against the family court?

Asked from: Kerala

You can file a complaint against the sitting subordinate court judge for his misconduct or dishonest conduct in dealing lawsuits. But you must have credible and clinching evidence to prove his misconduct. The procedure is very simple and effective.

If you fail to prove the allegation the court shall take appropriate penal action against you. According to Section 3 of the Judges Protection Act 1985, no court shall entertain or continue any civil or criminal proceeding against a judge either sitting or retired. 

But the High Court has power to initiate judicial proceedings against the judge for any criminal act or civil wrong committed in the discharge of duty. Therefore, you should file a complaint to the administrative judge of the High Court. 

shivendra pratap singh advocate

Shivendra Pratap Singh

Advocate (Lucknow)

You can consult on Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, Writ, Service matters, Property, Revenue and RERA related issues.

Kanoonirai has been advising in legal issues since October 2014. You can consult a lawyer through online media, telephonic consultation and video conferencing.